How to dye your Loyalty Virgin Hair Budles extensions using a bleaching process?
Use these instructions to achieve lighter colors (blonds, reds, brown) by first taking the hair through a bleaching process to lighten it before dying it.
Things You'll Need
1. Comb through and detangle the extensions. If they have any styling products on them, wash those out first. After they have been detangled, place the hair extensions on an old towel. Make sure that they are totally dry.
2. Prepare the bleach mixture. Put on the gloves and mix the appropriate amount of powder bleach and peroxide cream developer together in plastic mixing bowl (follow the directions that are on back of powder package and on developer bottle ). Make the solution into a paste. Making sure that all the air pockets have been broken and no dry powder is in the paste.
3. Lay the extensions onto strips of aluminum foil. Dip the applicator brush into the bleach paste, wetting it thoroughly. Paint the extensions or sections of the weave making sure that each is completely wet and the paste fully penetrates.
4. Wrap the aluminum foil around each extension or section of the weave fully. Place on towel and leave the extensions to sit for the time specified by the manufacturer of powder bleach. Checking every 10 mins. To see if you have reached the desired lighter shade.
5. Rinse the bleach out under warm water when the time's up. Wash your extensions with shampoo, then condition your hair with a deep-conditioning treatment. Deep conditioning your extensions is important to keep your hair healthy and moisturized.
6. Blow dry or air dry extension to see accurate results of bleach process.
7. If your using the bleaching process to achieve a lighter start shade to then dye hair using a box dye, then once extension are fully dry follow steps from ‘How to dye Boojee hair extensions at home’ to complete dying process.
Be careful not to get bleach on your skin. If this occurs, rinse thoroughly.
If you don't have a deep conditioner, saturating them in conditioner overnight might be a cheaper alternative.
Wait time for bleach process
15 minutes for a shade lighter
20-25 for about two shades lighter